There are many interoperability and data aggregation products and vendors available today. Sorting the signal from the noise and determining how each can solve the problems you face at your organization can be quite challenging.
Flexpa is the simplest and easiest way to connect your patients' claims data, which can power a number of use cases across healthcare, benefits, and fintech.
Who Flexpa helps
Flexpa's most useful and differentiated feature is the capability to link clean, timely, identified claims data from a patient's insurer. Other tools and mechanisms that provide claims data are often delayed weeks or months, whereas claims through Flexpa are available as soon as adjudication occurs. The offers a far more normalized claims data set than other routes. As a result, it is best used to power or enhance any experiences needing financial information about a patient's care during onboarding or ongoing interactions. Flexpa API
Flexpa relies on patient authorization as a key step in retrieving claims. As such, it is best suited to organizations that either have an existing patient digital experience or those that can insert one easily into their workflows.
Medicare brokers and broker software
As a Medicare broker, you look to advise patients on the best plans, given their unique history and needs. With Flexpa, you can serve these patients more effectively than ever:
- Flexpa can help you retain plan members on a given plan by giving you access to claims and utilization data over the course of the year in anticipation of the renewal window
- Flexpa can power your Medicare recommendation engine with detailed historical claims data, allowing you to personalize and optimize the Medicare plan guidance you offer
- Flexpa validates the existing Medicare plan that is active for a patient and includes a variety of clinical information related to that coverage
- With Flexpa data, you can track usage year over year to build your data models and serve your patients more effectively
Additionally, Flexpa acts as a key building block as you look to build out or enhance your member portal:
- Flexpa can help you retain and renew members by enriching your member portal with real data about their plan usage over the course of the year in anticipation of renewal
- Overcome the challenge of having limited (if any) data access about usage from the carrier by retrieving data directly from members after health plan enrollment
Bill negotiation and financial assistance
Claims can represent an overwhelming financial liability for patients. For bill negotiation applications like yours, this net-new capability is incredibly empowering to offer the right assistance at the right time:
- Flexpa allows you to synchronize patients' bills from payers easier than existing manual upload of claims images or PDFs, reducing the chance that patients drop off of your onboarding flows
- Flexpa's claims connection means that information is discretely and uniformly encoded, removing the errors of natural language processing and optical character recognition needed for existing manual uploads
- Flexpa's connection process means you can be kept up-to-date on new claims for a patient for up to a year, removing the friction of repeated user upload
Digital health provider organizations
Digital health organizations often look to distribute their solution through employers or payers. In order to do so, proving out the decrease in cost of care is vital.
For digital health provider organizations like you, Flexpa is uniquely positioned to help:
- Flexpa allows you to synchronize claims history for patients during or before onboarding, supplementing traditional claims exchange with timely information weeks in advance of those bulk flat files
- Flexpa's claims connection means that information is discretely and uniformly encoded, reducing the manual labor and removing the errors of mapping from bulk files to standard formats
- Flexpa's connection process means you can be kept up-to-date and alerted on new claims for a patient, drastically reducing the lagginess of traditional file exchange
Health insurance carriers
Patient access may be compliance, but it can be so much more. Innovative payers nationwide are taking advantage of the new capabilities of the CMS regulation to better serve their members and reduce inefficiencies:
- Flexpa allows you to synchronize claims history for patients during onboarding from their previous insurers. Claims history from prior payers provides a consolidated and accurate picture of care across care institutions.
- Additionally, claims history is one of the most accurate ways to identify where care has occurred. This record location can be used to follow up for more detailed clinical information from the right institutions and allows for better care coordination with historic providers
- Claims history also helps payers identify higher-risk populations and guide them toward appropriate benefits, such as specialty virtual care partners
Other Flexpa uses
The value of Flexpa's connectivity is not limited to just the scenarios above and extends to a variety of other functions and tools:
- Care navigators
- Traditional provider organizations
- Clinical trials
- Decentralized clinical trials
- Fintech applications
- First-party health data aggregators and wallets
We'd love to discuss more about how claims and other payer data can enable and accelerate what you're building, so contact us to chat!