FHIR Resources obtained from Flexpa API, while useful on their own,
are even more powerful when analyzed to generate insights into your business.
Our API returns raw FHIR data in JSON format. To use this data in popular analytics tools and
platforms it must be converted into a structured format. Once converted, the data
can also be stored in relational databases for efficient, long-term management and use.
The Tuva Project is a set of open-source tools that makes it easier to
derive insights from the kind of data Flexpa unlocks. Specifically, Tuva helps you transform raw
healthcare data (FHIR, CCLF, etc.) into a quality-tested format designed for analysis.
By combining Flexpa and Tuva, you can easily query user-consented health data, and transform
that raw health information into a storable, structured shape.
What you can do
By combining Flexpa API and Tuva's FHIR connector, you can:
- Quickly obtain raw FHIR Resources
- Pre-process that data into a common data model—the Tuva data model
- Store that data in a database, or data warehouse like Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
To perform analytics, you'll need FHIR data:
- Run through our Quickstart guide to familiarize yourself with Flexpa's tools and set yourself up to query
- The Quickstart uses data made available in the sandbox environments listed on our test mode page.
Be sure you can successfully query for resources such as
- To obtain live patient data, you can request access through the Flexpa Portal.
To use Tuva, install:
The FHIR connector requires a specific setup described in the repo's README.
Order of operations
- Go through our Quickstart guide and query at least one FHIR bundle from a supported sandbox endpoint.
- Use the Tuva FHIR connector to convert the returned resources into the Tuva data model.
- Store the CSV output in your database or data warehouse.